- The Best Rock Music of All Time
- The Greatest Rock Bands of All Time
- The Greatest Rock Songs of All Time
- The Greatest Rock Albums of All Time
- The Best Rock Music of the 21st Century
- The Greatest Rock Guitarists of All Time
- The Greatest Rock Drummers of All Time
- The Greatest Rock Bassists of All Time
- The Greatest Rock Vocalists of All Time
- The Greatest Rock Songs of the 21st Century
High Rock Music is a music blog that focuses on finding and sharing the best new music. Whether you’re looking for the latest release from your favorite artist or a hidden gem, we’ve got you covered.
The Best Rock Music of All Time
Rock music is a genre of popular music that originated in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia in the 1950s. The terms “popular music” and “rock music” are often used interchangeably, although rock music is seen as a form of popular music. It has its roots in 1940s and 1950s rock and roll, a style which drew heavily on the genres of blues, rhythm and blues, and from country music. Rock music also drew influence from jazz, folk music, and classical music.
Rock musicians combined an emphasis on skill and technique with the concept of art as artistic expression, originality, creativity, and individuality. They stressed the potential for breakage from tradition while simultaneously celebrating the foundations of rock music. Electric guitars, bass guitars, drum kits and keyboards are used with rock songs; guitars may be played through heavy distortion or overdrive pedals to produce a “fuzzy”, “crunchy” sound that is sometimes associated with garage rock or punk rock. A distinguishing feature of rock is vocal groups who make use of harmonization lead vocals which are often backed by accompaniment from electric guitars and keyboards.
The Greatest Rock Bands of All Time
There are countless great rock bands out there, but some have risen to the top as the best of the best. These are the bands that have influenced generations of rock fans and continue to deliver great music.
-Led Zeppelin: One of the most influential rock bands of all time, Led Zeppelin was known for their powerful performance and groundbreaking music.
-The Beatles: The Beatles were a British Invasion band that conquered the world with their catchy tunes and innovative style.
-The Rolling Stones: The Rolling Stones are one of the longest-running and most successful rock bands in history. They are known for their signature bluesy sound and rebel attitude.
-Queen: Queen was a groundbreaking band that melded together various genres of music to create their own unique sound. They were also known for their spectacular live performances.
-AC/DC: AC/DC is a Australian hard rock band that is known for their high energy showmanship and heavy guitar riffs.
The Greatest Rock Songs of All Time
In no particular order, here are just a few of the greatest rock songs of all time:
“Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zeppelin
“Imagine” by John Lennon
“Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen
“Like a Rolling Stone” by Bob Dylan
“Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana
“Purple Haze” by Jimi Hendrix
The Greatest Rock Albums of All Time
There have been many great rock albums over the years, but some have stood the test of time and are considered the best of the best. Here is a list of the greatest rock albums of all time:
1. Led Zeppelin- Led Zeppelin IV
2. Pink Floyd- The Dark Side of the Moon
3. Rolling Stones- Exile on Main Street
4. Bob Dylan- Blood on the Tracks
5. Bruce Springsteen- Born to Run
6. Beatles- Abbey Road
7. U2- The Joshua Tree
8. Radiohead- OK Computer
9. Nirvana- Nevermind
10. David Bowie- The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust
The Best Rock Music of the 21st Century
In the opinion of this author, the best rock music of the 21st century thus far has been released by the following acts:
1) Foo Fighters
2) Queens of the Stone Age
3) Royal Blood
4) Arctic Monkeys
5) The White Stripes
The Greatest Rock Guitarists of All Time
In no particular order, here are some of the greatest rock guitarists of all time.
1. Jimi Hendrix
2. Eddie Van Halen
3. Jimmy Page
5. Angus Young
6. Keith Richards
7. Pete Townshend
8. Brian May
The Greatest Rock Drummers of All Time
Rock drums legends are born every day, but only a few make it to the top. This list celebrates the greatest rock drummers of all time. We’ve looked at dozens of different factors to decide who deserves to be on this list, including technical ability, stage presence, musicality, feel, and more. So without further ado, here are the greatest rock drummers of all time.
The Greatest Rock Bassists of All Time
In no particular order, here are 16 of the best rock bassists of all time.
1. Geddy Lee- He is the bassist, lead vocalist, and keyboardist for the Canadian rock band Rush. He has been with the band since its formation in August 1968 and is credited with writing many of Rush’s songs with guitarist Alex Lifeson. Lee’s distinctive high-pitched voice can be heard on such popular Rush songs as “The Spirit of Radio,” “Tom Sawyer,” “YYZ,” and “Limelight.”
2. John Entwistle- He was an English musician, songwriter, singer, and film and television actor. He was best known as the bass player for the English rock band The Who. His aggressive style of play influenced many future rock bassists. Entwistle wrote such classic Who songs as “My Generation” and “Boris the Spider.” He died of a heart attack in 2002 at the age of 57.
3. Paul McCartney- He is an English singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and composer who gained worldwide fame as a member of The Beatles. After the band’s breakup in 1970, he pursued a solo career and formed the band Wings with his wife Linda Eastman. McCartney is widely considered one of the greatest bassists of all time. His work can be heard on such classic Beatles songs as “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band,” “I Want To Hold Your Hand,” “Yesterday,” and “Let It Be.”
4. sting- He is an English singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, activist, actor, and philanthropist. He was the principal songwriter, lead singer, and bassist for the new wave rock band The Police from 1977 to 1984 before launching a successful solo career. Sting has won multiple Grammy Awards and is a member of both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. His work can be heard on such popular Police songs as “Roxanne,” “Every Breath You Take,” “Message in a Bottle,” and “Wrapped Around Your Finger.”
5. Flea- He is an American musician best known as the bassist for the alternative rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers which he co-founded in 1983. In addition to his work with Red Hot Chili Peppers, Flea has also collaborated with such artists as Jane’s Addiction frontman Perry Farrell, guitarist John Frusciante ( also of Red Hot Chili Peppers), Alanis Morissette ,and The Mars Volta drummer Deantoni Parks . Flea’s work can be heard on such popular Red Hot Chili Peppers songs as “Can’t Stop,” “Dani California,”Californication” ,and Under The Bridge”.
The Greatest Rock Vocalists of All Time
From the early days of rock and roll to the present, the greatest rock vocalists have been responsible for some of the most timeless songs in history. These are the singers who have captivated audiences with their powerful voices and unforgettable performances.
Whether they are belting out an emotion-packed ballad or rocking out a powerful anthem, these vocalists always find a way to connect with their fans. They are the best of the best, and they continue to inspire new generations of singers.
So, who are the greatest rock vocalists of all time? Here are just a few of the many incredible singers who have left their mark on the world of rock music.
The King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley is one of the most iconic singers in history. He popularized a new style of music that would come to be known as rock and roll, and his influence can still be heard in today’s music. Elvis had a truly unique voice that was able to convey a wide range of emotions, and he proved that he was more than just a talented singer – he was also an incredible performer.
As the lead singer of Queen, Freddie Mercury was responsible for some of the band’s most iconic songs. He had a powerful voice that could convey both strength and vulnerability, and he was known for his electrifying live performances. Freddie Mercury was an undeniable force in the world of rock music, and his influence is still felt today.
As the frontman of Aerosmith, Steven Tyler is one of the most recognizable voices in rock music. He is known for his unique vocal style, which combines power and grit with soaring melodies. Tyler is also an accomplished songwriter, and he has co-written some of Aerosmith’s biggest hits. In addition to his work with Aerosmith, Tyler has also enjoyed success as a solo artist.
As the lead singer of Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant helped define what it means to be a rock god. He had a powerful voice that was able to convey a wide range of emotions, and his on-stage presence was simply unmatched. Plant is also an accomplished songwriter, and he has co-written some of Led Zeppelin’s most iconic songs. In addition to his work with Led Zeppelin, Plant has also enjoyed success as a solo artist.
The Greatest Rock Songs of the 21st Century
As the 21st century winds down, it’s time to take a look back at the best rock songs of the last 20 years. It’s been a wild ride full of ups and downs, but through it all, rock music has persevered. In fact, these last two decades have given us some of the greatest rock songs of all time. Here are 20 of the best.
1. “Paradise City” by Guns N’ Roses
2. “Enter Sandman” by Metallica
3. “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana
4. “Cochise” by Audioslave
5. “Welcome to the Jungle” by GUNS N’ ROSES
6. “Would?” by Alice in Chains
7. “Bodies” by Drowning Pool
8. “I Stand Alone” by Godsmack
9. “Breaking the Law” by Judas Priest
10. “(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party)” by Beastie Boys
11.”Mama Said Knock You Out” by LL Cool J
12.”I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll” by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
13.”Shout at the Devil” by Mötley Crüe
14.”Kickstart My Heart” by Mötley Crüe
15.”You Give Love a Bad Name” by Bon Jovi
16.”Living on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
17.”Runaway Train” by Soul Asylum
18.”Black Hole Sun” Soundgarden