- How to Unprotect Itunes Music?
- Why Would You Want to Unprotect Itunes Music?
- What Are the Steps to Unprotect Itunes Music?
- How to Unprotect Itunes Music on a Mac
- How to Unprotect Itunes Music on a PC
- How to Unprotect Itunes Music on an iPhone
- How to Unprotect Itunes Music on an iPad
- How to Unprotect Itunes Music on an iPod
If you’re like me, you’ve probably purchased a lot of music from iTunes over the years. And if you’re also like me, you may have noticed that some of those songs are DRM-protected.
DRM, or digital rights management, is a technology used by Apple (and other companies) to discourage piracy and unauthorized copying of music. Basically, it means that you can’t play your iTunes songs on anything other than an authorized computer or device.
How to Unprotect Itunes Music?
If you have music in your iTunes library that’s protected by digital rights management (DRM), you might not be able to play it on your Android device. To play DRM-protected music on your Android device, you’ll need to first remove the DRM protection from the songs or videos.
There are a few different ways to do this, but the easiest way is to use a program like TuneFab M4V Converter. TuneFab M4V Converter is designed specifically for removing DRM from iTunes movies and TV shows, but it can also be used to remove DRM from iTunes music files.
Once you’ve installed TuneFab M4V Converter, launch the program and click “Add Files” to add the DRM-protected music files that you want to convert. Then select MP3 as the output format and click “Convert” to start the conversion process. Once the conversion is finished, you’ll be able to play the converted MP3 files on your Android device without any restrictions.
Why Would You Want to Unprotect Itunes Music?
There are a number of reasons you might want to unprotect your iTunes music. Perhaps you want to listen to it on a device that doesn’t support DRM protection, or maybe you want to convert the files to a different format. Whatever the reason, there are a few different ways you can go about removing the DRM from your iTunes music files.
What Are the Steps to Unprotect Itunes Music?
There are a few different ways that you can unprotect your iTunes music. One of the simplest ways is to use a software program that will remove the DRM protection for you. This can be done easily and quickly, and you will not have to worry about any technical details. Another option is to use a script to remove the protection, but this can be more complicated and may not work with all types of music files. Finally, you can burn your iTunes music to a CD and then re-import it into iTunes without the DRM protection. This last method may take some time, but it is a good option if you want to keep a backup copy of your music.
How to Unprotect Itunes Music on a Mac
There are a few different ways that you can unprotect your iTunes music on a Mac. One way is to use a third-party software program, such as Drm Converter or Tuneskit. These programs will strip the DRM protection from your iTunes music files and allow you to play them on any device.
Another way to unprotect your iTunes music is to burn the files to a CD and then reimport them into iTunes without the DRM protection. This method will require you to have a CD drive on your computer, and it may take a little longer than using a third-party software program.
If you have an Apple Music subscription, you can also download the DRM-free versions of your favorite songs and play them on any device. To do this, simply go to the iTunes Store, find the song that you want to download, and click the download button next to the song.
How to Unprotect Itunes Music on a PC
If you have music in your iTunes library that you’ve downloaded from the iTunes Store and then later decided you want to share with a friend or family member, you can unprotect the files using a few simple steps. Here’s how:
1. Open iTunes on your PC.
2. Click on the “Library” tab in the left sidebar.
3. Select the “Music” option beneath “Library.”
4. Right-click on the song or album you want to unprotect and select “Get Info.”
5. Click on the “File” tab at the top of the pop-up window.
6. Check the box next to “Kind” and make sure it reads “iTunes Music.” If it doesn’t, click on the drop-down menu and select “iTunes Music.”
7. Close the pop-up window and open the Preferences window by clicking on “Edit” in the top menu bar and selecting “Preferences.”
8. Click on the “Advanced” tab at the top of the Preferences window.
9. Check the box next to “Share iTunes Library XML with other applications.”
10. Close the Preferences window and then quit iTunes.
How to Unprotect Itunes Music on an iPhone
Assuming you have already downloaded the music you want to unprotect from iTunes, follow these steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
2. Select the device icon in the upper left corner of iTunes.
3. Click “Summary.”
4. Click “Manually manage music and videos.”
5. Click “Apply.”
6. Select the “Music” tab in the upper left corner of iTunes.
7. Find the song or album you want to unprotect and click the small box next to it to select it.
8. Right-click (or control-click) on the selected song or album and select “Get Info” from the pop-up menu that appears.
9. Click the “Options” tab at the top of the Get Info window that appears.
10. Under “Kind,” select “iTunes Plus.” This will remove the DRM protection from your music files and allow them to be played on any device, not just an iPhone or other Apple device.
How to Unprotect Itunes Music on an iPad
There are a few different ways to unprotect your iTunes music on an iPad. One of the simplest ways is to use a tool like iMyfone TunesMate. This software makes it easy to unprotect your music, and it’s also very effective at transferring files between devices. Another option is to use a tool like DRmare iPad Music Converter. This software is designed specifically for unprotected music, and it can be used to convert your protected AAC files into MP3 or other formats. Finally, you can also try using a tool like Audials Tunebite. This software can record protected AAC files and then save them in MP3 format.
How to Unprotect Itunes Music on an iPod
iTunes music is “protected” by a special kind of DRM (Digital Rights Management) that Apple has developed. This means that the music you download from iTunes can only be played on authorized computers and iPods. However, there are ways to “unprotect” your iTunes music so that it can be played on any computer or iPod. Here’s how:
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
2. Connect your iPod to your computer and launch iTunes.
3. Select your iPod from the list of devices on the left side of the iTunes window.
4. Click on the “Summary” tab for your iPod in the main iTunes window.
5. Check the “Manually manage music and videos” option under the “Options” section.
6. Click on the “Apply” button to save your changes.
7. Your iPod is now un-protected and you can add non-iTunes music to it by drag-and-dropping it into the “Music” section of your iPod in iTunes.