Top 5 Lisbon Folk Music Festivals You Won’t Want to Miss
Lisbon is known for its vibrant music scene, and there are plenty of folk music festivals to enjoy throughout the year. Here are our top five picks that you won’t want to miss!
Lisbon is well known for its food, wine, and music. The city is filled with folk music festivals all year round, so there’s always something to enjoy! Here are the top 5 Lisbon folk music festivals you won’t want to miss:
1. Festival de Luthieria e Intrumentos Antigos: This festival takes place in March and celebrates the city’s rich history of instrument making. You’ll be able to see some of the best luthiers (guitar makers) in action, as well as enjoy live music from some of Lisbon’s most talented musicians.
2. Festival de Guitarra do Tejo: This festival takes place in April and showcases the best of Portugal’s guitar players. You can expect to hear a wide variety of traditional and modern guitar music, making it a great event for both music lovers and beginners alike.
3. Festa do Azeite: This festival takes place in May and celebrates Lisbon’s finest olive oil! There will be plenty of opportunities to taste different varieties of olive oil, as well as enjoy live music and dance performances.
4. Festa da Castanha: This festival takes place in October and celebrates the humble chestnut! You’ll be able to try different types of chestnut dishes, as well as enjoy live music and traditional dancing.
5. Festa do Vinho: This festival takes place in November and celebrates Lisbon’s wonderful wine culture. You’ll have the opportunity to taste some of the best wines from all over Portugal, as well as enjoy live music and dance performances.
Lisbon Folk Music Festivals is an annual event that takes place in the city of Lisbon, Portugal. The festival is a celebration of the music, dance, and culture of the Portuguese people.
The festival features a wide range of musical genres, including traditional Portuguese folk music, as well as contemporary pop and rock music. There are also a variety of dance performances and cultural exhibitions to enjoy.
If you’re looking for a uniquely Lisboa experience, be sure to check out one of these five great Lisbon folk music festivals!
Festival #1: Festival do Norte
Held every year in July, the Festival do Norte is one of the largest and most popular folk music festivals in Portugal. The festival takes place in the northern city of Braga and features a wide range of traditional and contemporary folk artists from across Portugal.
Festival #2: Feira de Santo Antão
The Feira de Santo Antão is a smaller folk festival that takes place in Lisbon’s Bairro Alto district each January. The festival celebrates the traditional music and dance of the Portuguese people with a series of concerts and dance performances.
Festival #3: Semana da Música Tradicional Portuguesa
The Semana da Música Tradicional Portuguesa is an annual event that takes place across Portugal during the month of September. The week-long festival features a wide range of traditional Portuguese folk music concerts and workshops.
Festival #4: Feira de São Mateus
Held annually in September, the Feira de São Mateus is one of Portugal’s largest regional fairs. The fair takes place in the city of Vila Real and features a wide array of traditional foods, crafts, and entertainment. Be sure to catch one of the many Folk music concerts that take place throughout the week!
Festival #5: Festa do Avante!
Held every two years in late August/early September, Festa do Avante! is a large international cultural festival that takes place just outside Lisbon in Seixal. The event features a wide range Of musical genres, including Folk music from across Portugal. In addition to concerts, there are also theatre performances, art exhibitions, and workshops to enjoy.
The second festival on our list is the Lisbon Folk Music Festival. This festival is held every year in early September and features a wide variety of folk music from Portugal and around the world. There are dozens of concerts and events held throughout the city, so there is something for everyone to enjoy. If you love folk music, this is the festival for you!
Lisbon’s FDML Festival is one of the city’s most popular folk music festivals. The event takes place over three days and features a wide range of traditional music from Portugal and around the world. There are also plenty of food and drink stalls to keep you fuelled for dancing.
The Queima das Fitas is a student festival that takes place in Lisbon every year in May. It is one of the biggest and most well-known festivals in Portugal, and it attracts visitors from all over the world. The festival lasts for nine days, and it is full of music, dance, and other revelry. If you are looking for a festive and lively atmosphere, this is the festival for you!
The 5th edition of the Lisbon Folk Music Festival will take place on the weekend of October 12-14 at the emblematic Casa da Música.
This year’s edition will feature some of Portugal’s most well-known folk and traditional music groups, as well as internationally acclaimed artists.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to experience the best of Lisbon’s folk music scene!
In conclusion, the 5 best Lisbon folk music festivals are:
-Festival Internacional de Folklore de Sintra
-Festival do Atlantico
-Lisbon World Music Festival
-Festa do Avante
-Festival Medieval deObidos