- What is Lovelace: A Rock Musical?
- The story of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
- The music of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
- The cast of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
- The reviews of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
- The behind the scenes of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
- The controversy of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
- The future of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
- 10 things you didn’t know about Lovelace: A Rock Musical
- 5 reasons why you should see Lovelace: A Rock Musical
Lovelace: A Rock Musical is a brand new musical based on the life of America’s first porn star, Linda Lovelace. The show features an original score and is currently running in Los Angeles.
What is Lovelace: A Rock Musical?
Lovelace: A Rock Musical is a musical with a book by Rachel Schrader and music and lyrics by Anna K. Jacobs. It is based on the life of adult film star Linda Lovelace.
The musical premiered at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August 2017, where it won the award for Best New Musical. It then transferred to the Soho Theatre in London’s West End, running from October 2017 to January 2018.
The show has received mixed reviews, with some critics praising its feminist message and others finding it heavy-handed and preachy.
The story of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
Lovelace: A Rock Musical is a 2013 musical with music by Joshua Salzman, lyrics by Ryan Cunningham, and a book by Eric D. Schaeffer and Cunningham. The musical is based on the life of American adult film actress Linda Lovelace. It tells the story of Lovelace’s rise to fame in the early 1970s through her relationship with her husband/manager Chuck Traynor, as well as her involvement in the making of the 1972 hardcore pornography film Deep Throat.
The musical made its world premiere at Signature Theatre in Arlington, Virginia on January 29, 2013, and ran through March 3, 2013. The off-Broadway production began previews on August 19, 2013 at New World Stages and officially opened on September 17, 2013.
The music of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
The music of Lovelace: A Rock Musical is comprised of original songs written by Anna Waronker and Charlotte Caffey, with additional contributions by Charlotte Caffey, Jill Sobule, and Dan Wilson. The music is largely influenced by pop and rock music of the 1970s, with elements of other genres such as country and folk.
The cast of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
The cast of Lovelace: A Rock Musical is a group of extremely talented women who have brought the story of Linda Lovelace to life on stage. This amazing production features a book by Leslielee Erickson, music by Joshua William Gelb, and lyrics by Joshua William Gelb and Leslielee Erickson. The cast includes some of the most well-known and respected names in theatre, film, and television.
The reviews of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
Lovelace: A Rock Musical has been getting rave reviews from audiences and critics alike. The musical, which tells the story of notorious 1970s porn star Linda Lovelace, has been praised for its strong performances, catchy tunes, and moving story. Here are some of the things people are saying about Lovelace:
“Lovelace is a title that will stay with you long after the curtain falls.” –Theatermania
“An empowering story of one woman’s journey to find her own voice.” –Time Out New York
“A sexy, funny, and ultimately moving new musical.” –Huffington Post
The behind the scenes of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
Lovelace: A Rock Musical is a musical with a book by Dana P. Rowe and music and lyrics by John Dempsey. The musical is based on the life of adult film star Linda Lovelace. It contains rock, pop, blues, and gospel music.
The behind the scenes of Lovelace: A Rock Musical is just as interesting as the public story. The show began development in 2001, when Rowe was approached by Lovelace’s then-husband Chuck Traynor about writing a musical based on her life. Rowe agreed, and Traynor acted as a consultant on the project.
work on the musical began in earnest in 2007, when Rowe met with Dempsey to begin writing the songs. The pair wrote more than 20 songs for the show, of which 14 made it into the final production. Some of the songs were cut due to time constraints, while others simply did not fit with the overall tone of the show.
The musical had its world premiere at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August 2010, where it received positive reviews from critics. It then transferred to London’s West End, where it played for six weeks at the Trafalgar Studios before closing due to poor ticket sales.
The controversy of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
Lovelace: A Rock Musical, with a book by Andy Bellin and Robert Cary and music and lyrics by Joshua Rosenzweig, is based on the life of 1970s porn star Linda Lovelace. The musical premiered Off-Broadway in 2013.
The show was met with mixed reviews, with some praising the show for its feminist message and others criticizing it for its treatment of Linda Lovelace’s life. Some have argued that the musical does not necessarily present an accurate portrayal of Linda Lovelace’s life, instead choosing to focus on the more sensational aspects of her story.
The future of Lovelace: A Rock Musical
The future of Lovelace: A Rock Musical is currently unknown. The show was set to open on Broadway in April 2020, but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Broadway production was announced in February 2020, with previews beginning on March 24 and an official opening night set for April 7. The musical was to be directed by Kristin Hanggi, with choreography by Dana Wilkinson and music supervision, orchestrations, and arrangements by Ethan Popp.
The cast included Airborne Toxic Event frontman Justin Furstenfeld as Chuck Traynor, Hannah Corneau as Linda Lovelace, Rena Strober as Dorothy Boreman, Kevin Cahoon as Harry Reems, Ken Sumsion as Anthony Romano, and Tony Award nominee Elizabeth Stanley as Gloria Steinem.
Lovelace: A Rock Musical was created by Erica Schmidt and features a book by Anna Waronker and Charlotte Caffey of the Go-Go’s. Schmidt also directed the show’s premiere production at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in August 2019.
10 things you didn’t know about Lovelace: A Rock Musical
1. The musical is based on the life of legendary porn star Linda Lovelace.
2. It features a book by Jeffrey Friedman and Bob Edwards, and a score by Emmy Award winner Eric Bazilian.
3. It premiered Off-Broadway at the Athenaum Theatre in Chicago in 2009.
4. It was nominated for five Jeff Awards, winning two, including Best New Work.
5. The original cast recording was released in 2010 and is available on iTunes and Amazon.
6. The show has been produced in regional theatres across the country, including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Phoenix, and more.
7. Lovelace: A Rock Musical was named one of the Top Ten Musicals of 2009 by the Chicago Tribune and Time Out Chicago.
8. The New York Times called it “a frank and spirited musical.”
9. Variety called it “an intoxicating mix of sex, drugs, rock & roll.”
10. It’s not just a musical – it’s also a love story!
5 reasons why you should see Lovelace: A Rock Musical
1. It’s a new take on a classic story.
2. The music is catchy and will stay with you long after the show is over.
3. The cast is incredibly talented and brings the characters to life.
4. The set design is eye-catching and creates a unique world for the audience to get lost in.
5. Lovelace: A Rock Musical is a must-see for any musical theatre fan!