Wedding Classical Music: The Top 10 Songs
- Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel
- Air on the G String by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Ave Maria by Franz Schubert
- The Four Seasons: Spring by Antonio Vivaldi
- The Four Seasons: Summer by Antonio Vivaldi
- The Four Seasons: Autumn by Antonio Vivaldi
- The Four Seasons: Winter by Antonio Vivaldi
- Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Für Elise by Ludwig van Beethoven
There are many important elements to a wedding, and music is definitely one of them. Classical music can set the tone for a sophisticated and elegant affair. If you’re looking for the perfect classical songs for your wedding, look no further. We’ve rounded up the top 10 wedding classical songs to help you create the perfect playlist for your big day.
Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel
One of the most popular classical pieces, Canon in D is often associated with weddings. It is a beautiful piece that has been featured in many movies and TV shows.
Air on the G String by Johann Sebastian Bach
1. Air on the G String by Johann Sebastian Bach: This classic piece is a great choice for a recessional. The slow and steady pace will help set the mood as you head back up the aisle as newlyweds.
2. Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel: A popular choice for a processional, this piece has a timeless quality that will add a touch of elegance to your walk down the aisle.
3. Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Johann Sebastian Bach: This is another great recessional choice. The joyful melody will perfectly reflect the mood of your wedding day.
4. Ode to Joy by Ludwig van Beethoven: A perfect choice for a prelude or interlude, this piece will add a touch of sophistication to your classical wedding music selection.
5. Rondeau by Jean-Joseph Mouret: This upbeat piece is perfect for a grand entrance or recessional. The fast pace will add excitement to your wedding day exit.
6. Sheep May Safely Graze by Johann Sebastian Bach: A beautiful and peaceful choice for a prelude or interlude, this piece will evoke the serenity of your wedding day.
7. Surprise Symphony by Franz Joseph Haydn: A fun and festive choice for a processional or recessional, this symphony will add excitement to your wedding music selection.
8. The Four Seasons: Spring by Antonio Vivaldi: A perfect choice for a prelude or interlude, this seasonally-appropriate piece will add a touch of whimsy to your classical wedding music repertoire.
9 . Water Music Suite No. 1 in F Major by George Frideric Handel: A stately and elegant choice for a processional, this piece will set the tone for your formal wedding ceremony.”
Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Johann Sebastian Bach
One of the most popular classical pieces ever written, Bach’s “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” is a favorite for weddings. The original piece was written for a small string orchestra, but there are many beautiful arrangements available for solo piano, solo voice, and larger ensembles.
Ave Maria by Franz Schubert
Franz Schubert’s “Ave Maria” is a popular choice for wedding classical music. The song is based on the Latin text of the Ave Maria prayer, and has been adapted and performed by many artists over the years. Schubert’s version is a beautiful and elegant choice for your wedding day.
The Four Seasons: Spring by Antonio Vivaldi
Of all the pieces on our list, Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons: Spring is probably the most popular. It’s often performed at weddings because of its light, airy feel. The piece is actually a set of four violin concertos that represent the seasons. Vivaldi wrote them to be played in sequence, but it’s common to hear just the first concerto, which is the one most associated with spring.
The Four Seasons: Summer by Antonio Vivaldi
The Four Seasons: Summer by Antonio Vivaldi is a great choice for a summertime wedding. This cheerful and upbeat piece is perfect for setting the tone for a joyful occasion.
The Four Seasons: Autumn by Antonio Vivaldi
This Vivaldi classic is the perfect way to set the mood for your autumn wedding. The beautiful melody and flowing orchestration will transport you and your guests to a magical place.
The Four Seasons: Winter by Antonio Vivaldi
One of the most famous pieces of classical music, The Four Seasons: Winter by Antonio Vivaldi is the perfect choice for a winter wedding. The piece is full of energy and movement, and its beautiful melodies will fill your heart with happiness on your special day.
Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven
One of the most requested classical pieces for weddings, Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata has been a staple since the early 1800s. The first movement is by far the most popular, and it’s often used for processional music.
Für Elise by Ludwig van Beethoven
Für Elise by Ludwig van Beethoven is one of the most popular classical songs for weddings. It is a beautiful ballad that has been rearranged for piano and vocals. The song has been covered by many artists, including Andrea Bocelli and David Archuleta.