A look at the best electronic music of 2015, featuring artists like Jamie xx, Madeon, and Porter Robinson.
It’s been a big year for electronic music, with new artists and established stars alike releasing a wealth of great music. Here are our picks for the best electronic albums of 2015.
Best Albums of 2015
Here are the electronic music albums that stuck with us the longest this year. Some are dancefloor fillers, others are headphone classics—all are worth your time.
1. Daphni – Jiaolong
2. Lone – Reality Testing
3. Shackleton – Music for the Quiet Hour / The Drawbar Organ EPs
4. Laurel Halo – Quarantine
5. Objekt – Flatland
6. Nicolas Jaar – Space Is Only Noise
7. David August – Times
Best Songs of 2015
The best electronic music of 2015 includes a little bit of everything — from enormo-EDM bangers to contemplative, intimate house tracks and everything in-between.
This was the year that Hudson Mohawke’s TNGHT project finally broke through to the mainstream, with their booming, bass-heavy sound appearing on Kanye West’s “Yeezus” album. Skrillex returned with a new Jack U collaboration featuring Justin Bieber, while dance music vet Fatboy Slim released a new album full of club-ready anthems.
On the more experimental side of things, British composer Max Richter released his eight-hour “Sleep” album — one of the most ambitious projects in recent memory. And up-and-comers like Odesza and AlunaGeorge also made waves with their mesmerizing live performances and well-received albums.
It was a big year for dance music, and these are our picks for the best songs of 2015.
Best Remixes of 2015
The best remixes of 2015 took great tracks and made them even better. They spanned genres, from pop to electronic to R&B, and they soundtracked both clubs and headphones alike. Scroll through to see our picks for the best remixes of the year.
– Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do (The Knocks Remix)
– Justin Bieber – What Do You Mean? (4B Remix)
– Disclosure – Willing & Able (Kojo Funds Remix)
– Rihanna – Bitch Better Have My Money (Diplo & Grandtheft Remix)
– Alina Baraz & Galimatias – Can I (KRNE Remix)
– The Weeknd – The Hills (Ekali Remix)
– Jack U – Where Are U Now? (feat. Justin Bieber) (Marshmello Remix)
– Lana Del Rey – High By The Beach (Lido Remix)
Best Music Videos of 2015
It was a great year for music videos, with a wide range of artists experimenting with different styles and genres. Here are our picks for the best music videos of 2015.
1. Kendrick Lamar – “Alright”
2. Tyler, the Creator – “Fucking Young / Death Camp”
3. Run the Jewels – “Close Your Eyes (And Count to Fuck)” ft. Zack de la Rocha
4. FKA Twigs – “M3LL155X”
5. Flying Lotus – “Never Catch Me” ft. Kendrick Lamar
6. Disclosure – “Holding On” ft. Gregory Porter
7. SBTRKT – “Temporary View” ft. Sampha
8. Jamie xx – “I Know There’s Gonna Be (Good Times)” ft. Young Thug & Popcaan
Not only was 2015 a great year for new music, it was also a banner year for the electronic music scene. With so much amazing new music to choose from, it was hard to narrow it down to just ten tracks, but we think these ten represent the best of what the genre had to offer this year. From powerful anthems to delicate soundscapes, these are the best electronic tracks of 2015.