In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to 5 pop rock music artists that we think you need to know. We’ll also include a few of their most popular songs so that you can get a taste of their music.
5 Pop Rock Music Artists You Need to Know
It’s safe to say that rock music is no longer the cultural force it once was. In the age of streaming, where playlists and single tracks matter more than albums, and where genres are fluid and ever-changing, it can be hard to keep up with all the new music out there. So we’ve put together a list of five pop rock artists you need to know in 2019.
1. Ava Max
Ava Max is a 23-year-old Albanian-American singer who debuted with her single “Sweet but Psycho” in August 2018. The song became a viral sensation, reaching number one in several countries, and earning Max a record deal with Atlantic Records. Her debut album, Heaven & Hell, is due out later this year.
2. Bishop Briggs
Bishop Briggs is a 26-year-old British singer and songwriter who first gained attention with her 2016 single “Wild Horses.” Her debut album, Church of Scars, was released in April 2018 to critical acclaim, and she has since toured with the likes of Coldplay and Imagine Dragons.
grandson is a Canadian rapper and singer who first gained attention with his politically charged single “Blood // Water” in 2017. His debut album, A Modern Tragedy Vol. 1, was released in June 2018 to positive reviews, and he has since toured with acts like Rise Against and AWOLNATION.
Wallows is an American indie rock band from Los Angeles, California, consisting of members Dylan Minnette (lead vocals, guitar), Braeden Lemasters (guitar), and Cole Preston (drums). The band first gained attention with their single “Pleaser” in 2017, and they released their debut EP Spring in April 2018. Their first full-length album, Nothing Happens, is due out March 22nd, 2019.
5. The Aces
The Aces are an American indie pop band from Provo, Utah consisting of members Cristal Ramirez (lead vocals), Alisa Ramirez (bass guitar), Katie Henderson (guitar), and McKenna Petty (drums). The band first gained attention with their 2016 single “Stuck” and released their debut EP I Don’t Like Being Honest in June 2017. Their first full-length album When My Heart Felt Volcanic was released April 6th 2018 to critical acclaim
Why You Need to Know These Artists
There are countless amazing pop rock music artists out there, but these five in particular stand out for their exceptional talent and creativity. If you’re not already familiar with their work, you definitely need to check them out.
Halsey is a singer, songwriter, and rapper who first gained attention with the release of her debut album Badlands in 2015. Since then, she has gone on to achieve massive success with hit singles like “Closer” and “Now or Never.” Halsey is known for her unique blend of pop, hip-hop, and electronics, as well as her powerful, emotive vocals.
2. twenty one pilots
twenty one pilots is a duo from Columbus, Ohio consisting of singer Tyler Joseph and drummer Josh Dun. They first gained popularity with their 2013 album Vessel before exploding into the mainstream with the release of Blurryface in 2015. Their 2016 album Trench was also extremely successful, cementing their status as one of the biggest bands in the world. twenty one pilots is known for their catchy melodies, thought-provoking lyrics, and energetic live performances.
3. The Chainsmokers
The Chainsmokers is a duo consisting of Alex Pall and Andrew Taggart. They rose to fame with their 2014 single “#Selfie,” which became a massive viral hit. Since then, they have gone on to have massive success with hits like “Closer,” “Don’t Let Me Down,” and “Something Just Like This.” The Chainsmokers are known for their catchy electro-pop sound and often collaborate with other big names in the music industry like Coldplay and Halsey.
4. Panic! at the Disco
Panic! at the Disco is a band from Las Vegas, Nevada formed in 2004 by high school friends Brendon Urie, Ryan Ross, Spencer Smith, and Brent Wilson. The band rose to fame with their debut album A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out in 2005 and have since released four more successful albums: Pretty Odd (2008), Vices & Virtues (2011), Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die! (2013), Death of a Bachelor (2016). Panic! at the Disco is known for their theatrical stage shows, flamboyant visuals, and catchy pop-punk/electro-pop sound.
5 . Walk the Moon
Walk the Moon is an American rock band formed in 2006 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The band consists of lead singer Nick Petricca, bassist Kevin Ray , guitarist Eli Maiman , and drummer Sean Waugaman . They rose to fame with their 2011 single “Anna Sun,” which became a top 10 hit in several countries around the world . Their 2014 album Talking Is Hard was also very successful , spawning hits like “Shut Up and Dance” , “Different Colors” ,and “Work This Body” . Walk the Moon is known for their anthemic , danceable pop-rock tunes , uplifting lyrics ,and lively stage shows .
Who These Artists Are
There are countless pop rock music artists out there vying for attention, but only a handful are truly worth paying attention to. If you’re looking for some new pop rock music to add to your collection, here are five artists you need to know.
1. Hozier – Hozier is an Irish singer-songwriter who released his self-titled debut album in 2014. The album was a huge success, reaching No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart and selling over 2 million copies worldwide. Hozier’s music is a mix of folk, blues, and pop rock, and his lyrics often deal with social and political issues.
2. Imagine Dragons – Imagine Dragons is an American rock band that shot to fame with the release of their debut album Night Visions in 2012. The album topped the charts in several countries and has sold over 7 million copies worldwide. Imagine Dragons’ music is a mix of alternative rock, indie rock, and pop rock, and the band is known for their energetic live performances.
3. Lorde – Lorde is a New Zealand singer-songwriter who rose to fame with the release of her 2013 single “Royals.” The song was an instant hit, topping the charts in several countries and helping to launch Lorde’s debut album Pure Heroine into the stratosphere. Lorde’s music combines elements of alternative pop, art pop, and dream pop, and her lyrics often deal with themes of youth and adolescence.
4. Arctic Monkeys – Arctic Monkeys is a British rock band that formed in 2002. The band released their debut album Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not in 2006 to critical acclaim and commercial success; it remains the fastest-selling debut album by a British band in UK chart history. Arctic Monkeys’ music spans multiple genres including indie rock, garage rock, post-punk revival, and Britpop, and their live shows are legendary for their intensity and energy.
5. Muse – Muse is an English rock band that formed in 1994. The band has released seven studio albums over the course of their career; their most recent, Drones, was released in 2015 to critical acclaim. Muse’s music can be hard to pin down due to its experimental nature; they have been described as everything from alternative rock and progressive rock to art rock and space rock.
What Makes These Artists Stand Out
There are dozens of new pop rock artists releasing music every year. So, what makes these five artists stand out?
1. Their sound is unique and fresh.
2. They have a strong online presence and engage with their fans.
3. They write their own songs and play their own instruments.
4. They have a professional attitude and work hard to promote their music.
5. They have a positive message and are using their platform to make a difference in the world.
What You Can Expect from These Artists
Each of these artists has a unique sound that sets them apart from other pop and rock musicians. Whether you’re a fan of catchy hooks or hard-hitting lyrics, there’s something for everyone on this list.
Halsey is known for her distinctive voice and writing vulnerable, emotive lyrics about her personal struggles. She first gained attention with her debut album, Badlands, which explores themes of mental illness and addiction. Halsey’s music has a dark, ethereal quality that sets her apart from other pop musicians.
2. Twenty One Pilots
Twenty One Pilots is a duo from Columbus, Ohio who mix elements of pop, rock, and hip-hop in their music. They gained popularity with their album Blurryface, which deals with topics like anxiety and depression. Twenty One Pilots is known for their energetic live shows, which often include crowd surfing and paint cannon explosions.
3. Imagine Dragons
Imagine Dragons is a Las Vegas-based band that rose to fame with their debut album Night Visions. The album features anthemic songs like “Radioactive” and “Demons,” which deal with themes of struggle and hope. Imagine Dragons has won several Grammy Awards and their music has appeared in films and TV shows such as The Hunger Games and Sons of Anarchy.
4. Panic! at the Disco
Panic! at the Disco is a Las Vegas-based band that was formed in 2004 by high school friends Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross. The band gained popularity with their debut album A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out, which features the hit single “I Write Sins Not Tragedies.” Panic! at the Disco is known for their theatrical live shows and dynamic songwriting.
5. Fall Out Boy
Fall Out Boy is an American rock band from Chicago that was formed in 2001 by Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump. The band gained mainstream success with their album From Under the Cork Tree, which featured the hit single “Sugar, We’re Goin Down.” Fall Out Boy is known for their catchy hooks and witty lyrics about love and relationships